I love lists. I use them almost daily. I use lists for the grocery store, at work to keep myself sane, at home to remind myself what I need to do on my days off so I actually get off the couch, when I’m planning a party or some sort of event, and the list goes on and on.
The one list I have never made or even attempted to make, is a bucket list. I think the idea of a bucket list has always scared me a little because it means I have to actually do all of those things. But today I decided, what the hell? Why not? I have a pretty long time to finish all these things on my list, so why not give it a shot? I am sure if I wrote a bucket list 10 or 20 or 30 years from now, my wishes and my priorities would be drastically different. But who says you can’t add-to or edit your list once it’s been written?
So, here goes. My bucket list.
– Write a book (okay, okay, I’m starting off big, but I didn’t say it had to be a long book… )
– Learn to paddleboard (been once, I was horrible)
– Climb Half-Dome
– Hike to Kjeragbolten in Norway again (click here if you don’t remember what that is)
– Run a half marathon (working on this now)
– Own my own company some day
– Rescue a dog (or multiple dogs..I have a while..)
– Buy a boat and become a wakeboarding rockstar
– Jump out of a plane
– Ride in a hot air balloon
– Never forget that I’m an artist- continue doing creative projects forever
– Visit at least 40 countries (about 15 down, 25 to go)
– Be a great parent (someday)
– Have a closer relationship with my brother
– Travel to Minnesota and get to know my family there and see where my mom grew up
– Go to a broadway play in New York
– Travel to Chicago more often to see my family
– Learn to let things go and move on
– Teach someone something important
– Become a talented photographer even if it is just a hobby
– Take classes about things I enjoy (photography, Italian, cooking, Italian Cooking!)
– Continue to be best friends with my husband for the rest of our lives and always remember how lucky I am
– Live in a new city, state, country, whatever…just somewhere new. Somewhere where everyday will be an adventure
– Take a life-altering photo that I keep forever. Multiple life-altering photos would be nice, but one will do
– Learn how to bake (I am a terrible baker and I can have the chocolate chip cookies to prove it)
– Last but not least, keep adding to my bucket list! Oh, and crossing things off too.
That’s all for now!