This year I decided to make a resolution list of things I think I can realistically obtain. Most of them are pretty small, but I figure if I write them down it will help me make sure to complete them. So here goes (in no particular order)
– Read at least 15 books..I know this may sound like a small number to some people (in particular both of my parents who could read 15 books in a month if they tried..) but this is a reasonable goal for me. I would say I usually read about 6-10 a year, depending on the year. Between working full-time, training for a half marathon (possibly a full after that), family obligations, and any other excuse I can think of right now, I have trouble reading as much as I’d like to. So this year, I’d like to watch less TV and read more. Simple enough, right?
– Run at least 600 miles- If I run 50 miles a month this will be no problem. When I get closer to my first half I know I’ll be running much more than 50 in a month but I am also accounting for any “time off” I know I will take.
– Blog at least twice a week, EVERY week – I’d love to make this goal to blog every day, but that isn’t realistic for me. Some weeks I have plenty of time and plenty of ideas of what to blog about and others I’m too busy or too creatively blocked to post about anything. Yes, I could post just to post on those days, but who wants to read that? I figure two good posts a week are better than 7 crappy ones, right?
– Learn more about photography- I have learned so much about photography and my camera in the last year and I want to learn even more this year.
– Upgrade my camera – Hopefully within the next year it will be worth my while to sell my camera and upgrade for a more professional version to turn a hobby into a possible side job.
– Cross off a few items from the bucket list – any items will do! I just want to do a few each year. :)
Happy New Year everyone!