I have been drinking green smoothie’s for a while now, but thanks to fellow blogger Homemade Adventure I recently found one I like more than any of the others I’ve made. It is a simple recipe with not many ingredients, but it’s soooo yummy.
- 1 cup almond milk (I switch off from Rice, Almond, and Coconut Milk)
- 1 ripe banana, preferably peeled + frozen
- 2 handfuls organic spinach
- 1 tbsp chia seeds OR 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tbsp nut butter, optional
- 1-3 ice cubes
- protein powder of choice, optional (I didn’t use the protein powder because I figured the Barney Butter I used had enough protein for breakfast)
A few days after trying this smoothie for the first time, I decided to mix it up and add a few more ingredients. I added blueberries (which for some strange reason I actually HATE the taste of, but the rest of the ingredients cover up the blueberry taste), some Kale for a little extra green nutrients, and I used half water, half vanilla rice milk to lower the calorie content. This made for a much darker smoothie that was delicious and super healthy!