I got this recipe idea from my parents’ nutritionist and it turned out great. I’ll definitely be adding it to my list of regular meals I make during the week!
What you’ll need:
- 1 package chicken sausage, chopped (to make this recipe vegetarian, you could use tofu sausage instead). I used an organic chicken sausage from Trader Joes, but when I do this again I’ll use my favorite Mango and Jalapeno sausage from Aidells.
- 1 large bunch of kale, stemmed and torn apart
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes (or more if you like a lot of spice)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
What you’ll do:
Heat the garlic and red chili flakes in olive oil. Add chicken sausage until browned and set aside. Then add onions and saute until tender. Add tomatoes and kale and saute for 2-3 minutes. Season with sea salt and pepper, add cooked sausage and serve. Enjoy!