I love lists. I use them daily. I use lists for the grocery store, at work to keep myself sane, at home to remind myself what I need to do on my days off so I actually get off the couch, when I’m planning a party or some sort of event, and the list goes on and on.
The one list I never attempted to write, is a bucket list. I think the idea of a bucket list always scared me because it means I have to actually do all of those things. But then I decided, what the hell? Why not? I have a pretty long time to finish all these things on my list, so why not give it a shot? I am sure if I wrote a bucket list 10 or 20 or 30 years from now, my wishes and my priorities would be drastically different. But who says you can’t add-to or edit your list once it’s been written? I wrote this as a post back in July 2011, but have been adding things to it ever since. All my additions will be in blue and anything I complete will be crossed off :)
– Write a book (okay, okay, I’m starting off big, but I didn’t say it had to be a long book… )
– Learn to paddleboard (been once, I was horrible)
– Learn to surf (this scares the crap out of me)
– Climb Half-Dome
– Hike to Kjeragbolten in Norway again (click here if you don’t know what that is)
Run a half marathon Completed this!
–Run a full marathon
– Own my own business some day
Become a wake-boarding rockstar Not gonna lie, kind of a rockstar now ;)
– Jump out of a plane
– Ride in a hot air balloon
– Go white water rafting
– Get in a shark tank
– Visit New York and see a Broadway play, yes…I’ve NEVER been!
– Become a talented photographer even if it is just a hobby
– Take classes about things I enjoy (photography, Italian, cooking, Italian Cooking!)
– Move to another new city, state, country, whatever…just somewhere new. Somewhere where everyday will be an adventure
– Have some of my photography published.
– Learn how to bake (I am a terrible baker and I can have the chocolate chip cookies to prove it)
– Go back to school for my masters (once I figure out what I want to go back for..)
– Visit at least 40 countries (about 12 down, lots to go…)
– Travel back to the city in Italy where I lived for a semester in college.
– Czech Republic
Countries I want to visit (in no particular order):
– South Africa
– New Zealand
– Last but not least, keep adding to my bucket list! Oh, and crossing things off too.
That’s all for now!