If you read my 2012 post you saw that I want to read more in the next year. I said I wanted to start with 15 but I know I can do much more than that. Especially since I already have a list of books I want to read next. Here are some that are in my “queue” so far (in no particular order).
Steve Jobs Biography by Walter Isaacson
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (I liked the movie but heard the book was better).
Jacqueline Kennedy: Historic Conversations on Life with John F. Kennedy by Caroline Kennedy
Miss Peregrines home For Peculiar Children by Random Riggs (Almost finished with this book now)
What it Takes: The Way to the White House by Richard Ben Cramer
The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
So what am I missing? What are some great books you’ve read recently that I just can’t live without? I’d love it if you sent them my way!
This year I decided to make a resolution list of things I think I can realistically obtain. Most of them are pretty small, but I figure if I write them down it will help me make sure to complete them. So here goes (in no particular order)
– Read at least 15 books..I know this may sound like a small number to some people (in particular both of my parents who could read 15 books in a month if they tried..) but this is a reasonable goal for me. I would say I usually read about 6-10 a year, depending on the year. Between working full-time, training for a half marathon (possibly a full after that), family obligations, and any other excuse I can think of right now, I have trouble reading as much as I’d like to. So this year, I’d like to watch less TV and read more. Simple enough, right?
– Run at least 600 miles- If I run 50 miles a month this will be no problem. When I get closer to my first half I know I’ll be running much more than 50 in a month but I am also accounting for any “time off” I know I will take.
– Blog at least twice a week, EVERY week – I’d love to make this goal to blog every day, but that isn’t realistic for me. Some weeks I have plenty of time and plenty of ideas of what to blog about and others I’m too busy or too creatively blocked to post about anything. Yes, I could post just to post on those days, but who wants to read that? I figure two good posts a week are better than 7 crappy ones, right?
– Learn more about photography- I have learned so much about photography and my camera in the last year and I want to learn even more this year.
– Upgrade my camera – Hopefully within the next year it will be worth my while to sell my camera and upgrade for a more professional version to turn a hobby into a possible side job.
– Cross off a few items from the bucket list – any items will do! I just want to do a few each year. :)
Happy New Year everyone!